"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." -Mother Teresa
Everybody can contribute and make a difference to the community and the lives of others. People with passion and interest to help others can find volunteering opportunities through SG Cares or directly with Volunteer Host Organisations.
Volunteer Host Organisation (VHO) Directory The VHO Directory has been put together to provide a list of organisations where volunteers can connect with the organisations directly for more volunteering opportunities.
You can download the VHO Directory here.
First time volunteers can volunteer through a variety of activities and find out what best suits them.
Simply follow these steps:
1. Register at SG Cares website
- Set up your user name and password
- Receive confirmation and welcome email from SG Cares (you’ll be informed immediately of your successful registration)
- Complete and submit your volunteer profile
2. Go through volunteer orientation
- Attend a volunteer orientation session or take an online orientation.
3. Sign up for activities
Register with SG Cares today and sign up for the volunteer orientation!
If you are a student wishing to volunteer, you can check out the available opportunities listed under these sections on our website:
- SG Cares Activity Calendar: This lists volunteering opportunities by date and tend to be episodic. This would be suitable if you plan to contribute your time during school holidays or with your friends.
- vDirect: This helps to match volunteering opportunities with volunteers who would like to volunteer on a more regular basis.
If you are using the SG Cares portal for the first time, check out the information for first-time volunteers given above.
Do note that students aged 13 to 16 would need to bring along the SG Cares Parent Permission and Waiver Form for every activity.
Those aged 12 and below are required to be accompanied by an adult.
Regular volunteering opportunities
Volunteers who have interest to volunteer on a more regular basis may sign up through vDirect for direct volunteering opportunities with Volunteer Host Organisations (VHOs).
If you are keen to engage your organisation to start volunteering, do contact our team at email@example.com
Volunteer Power! – Starting your own community project
Are you keen to make a difference?
Have you been always eager to start your own community project?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Whether you are an individual or part of a group, if you are keen to start a community project, or have an idea to contribute to the community and take action, we want to hear from you!
To find out how you can contribute, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make A Difference Now!
Start a Project!
Check out our guides to create your own community project!
Post a Project!
Spread the word and get more volunteers involved!
Share a Story!
Every volunteering journey is an inspiring one.
We want to hear yours.